DHHS Equipment Department
The Equipment Department provides comprehensive technical support for those with hearing loss. Individuals can find a solution to their hearing loss for the home, workplace, education, and recreation or leisure.
DHHS can also advise on how to make your facility accessible to your hard-of-hearing clientele, residents or patrons. Our knowledgeable Equipment Dempartment Manager will conduct assessments in retirement residences, businesses, educational institutions, auditoria, care centres or places of worship, then recommend appropriate listening systems to meet your needs.
A limited selection of rental equipment is available.
<strong>Watch the Shaw TV Calgary clip about the DHHS Equipment Department <a href="/t/-/-/external/youtu.be/Fxy4PKiSc-c" rel="_blank">ShawTV Calgary</a></strong>
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Please call 403/284-6200 to book an appointment with the equipment specialist.
View our online catalogue:
For further information please contact:
Rytch Newmiller, Equipment Department Manager (“Click here to send Rytch an email!”)
Funding assistance for all types of assistive technology such as amplified phones, TTY’s, Signaling systems and Assistive listening systems (including hearing aids) may be available through the Campbell McLaurin Foundation for individuals who live in Southern Alberta and who qualify.
Campbell McLaurin Foundation
Our Equipment Specialist is Coming to Edmonton!
We are pleased to announce that we are able to meet with Deaf and hard of hearing individuals in Edmonton to help with your equipment needs for your home, workplace, and community access. Appointment dates are based on community requests. So please contact Rytch Newmiller, Equipment Department Manager to book your appointment today!
Fax: (403) 282-7006
Tel: (403)284-6200 Voice
Tel: (403)284-6201 (TTY)
Funding assistance for the Edmonton area and Northern Alberta is available from the Children’s Ability Fund. Please do not let the name of the fund deter you. The Children’s Ability Fund vision is “to enhance the independence of people with disabilities” at ANY age.
Other funding providers can be found on our DHHS Links Page
Deaf & Hard of Hearing Retail Store
Our equipment store offers equipment primarily for hard of hearing clients, along with a few essentials for deaf clients, as outlined in the equipment categories.
Why Shop our Store?
We offer the most comprehensive and up to date selection of hard of hearing and deaf equipment available in the market.
• We have sourced and tested equipment from a variety of retailers to ensure that we have the best quality of equipment available in the market.
• Our store is stocked with a wider selection of equipment to ensure that we can accurately address hearing solutions for a wide range of client hearing loss. Large box retailers typically carry equipment for minimal hearing loss.
Our pricing is more competitive than other large box retail competitors.
• We set all pricing to either match or be priced lower than our competitors within the market.
• If our clients find a lower price with a Canadian retailer due to a sale or discount, we will match that price.
VALUE ADDED SERVICE INCLUDED
Qualified equipment hearing specialists will provide individual and group assessments to ensure proper equipment selection for optimum quality of hearing improvement.
• Additional hearing loss can occur if you purchase equipment that is too loud or does not accurately match your hearing loss. Appropriate equipment selection ensures safety for future hearing prevention.
• In addition to helping assess your hearing needs, and select appropriate equipment, our specialists will take the time to show you how to use your equipment.
It is recommended that you provide your audiogram so we can match your hearing needs appropriately.
We work with audiologists, hard of hearing service providers and partners to stay on top of trends, industry standards and new technology.
EDUCATION & SUPPORT
As a non-profit charitable organization, the nominal profits from our equipment store are re-invested back into the deaf and hard of hearing society to support programs, education and advocacy.